SUMMARY: An easy walk to two windows (not technically an arch.)
RATING: Easy Walk (about 0.6 miles)
BEST TIME OF YEAR TO WALK: Early spring when flowers are blooming or autumn when you can catch the fall colors. The USDA Forest Office is located in Winchester, Kentucky about an hour from Red River Gorge. For up to date information either stop in the Ranger District Office, visit their website or telephone: (859) 745-3100
AMOUNT OF TIME NEEDED: Allow a half of an hour (less than 1 hour) to enjoy this walk.
DIRECTIONS TO TRAILHEAD:
- From rest area at exit #33 off of the Mountain State Parkway Turn left, and return to the Mountain State Park – West (8 miles)
- Take Exit 40 for for KY-15/KY-715 toward Beattyville. (0.3 miles)
- Turn right at KY-15 N/KY-715 N. (0.7 miles)
- Take the 1st right onto KY-715 N. (4.0 miles)
- Turn left and Park in Angel Windows parking area.
- From the Angel Windows parking area follow Trail #218 Angel Windows Trail to the Angel Windows (0.3 miles)
- Return to Parking are on Trail #218 Angel Windows Trail (0.3 miles)
This walk can easily be combined with the Whistling Arch Walk as its parking area is just 0.7 miles down the road.