SUMMARY: An easy walk to a unique arch.
BEST TIME OF YEAR TO WALK: Early spring when flowers are blooming or autumn when you can catch the fall colors. The USDA Forest Office is located in Winchester, Kentucky about an hour from Red River Gorge. For up to date information either stop in the Ranger District Office, visit their website or telephone: (859) 745-3100
AMOUNT OF TIME NEEDED: Allow a half of an hour (less than 1 hour) to enjoy this walk.
DIRECTIONS TO TRAILHEAD:
- From rest area at exit #33 off of the Mountain State Parkway Turn left, and return to the Mountain State Park – West (8 miles)
- Take Exit 40 for for KY-15/KY-715 toward Beattyville. (0.3 miles)
- Turn right at KY-15 N/KY-715 N. (0.7 miles)
- Take the 1st right onto KY-715 N. (2.2 miles)
- Turn left Chimney Rock Road. (3.5 miles)
- Park in Chimney Rock parking area at the end of road.
- From the Chimney Rock Trailhead follow Trail #233 Princess Arch Trail to Princess Arch- you will be on top of Princess arch (0.3 miles.) This hike has a small loop at the end that if you follow the white diamonds will take you over the arch, then under the arch, and en route past a beautiful vista.
- Return to Parking are on Trail #233 Princess Arch Trail (0.3 miles)