The following rules help protect the forest and ensure a safe and pleasurable trip for you and other forest users.
- The clifflines of the Red River Gorge are beautiful, but they are also dangerous. Please be careful.
- Camping is NOT permitted within 300 feet of any road.
- Camping is NOT permitted within 300 feet of any developed trail.
- Camping is NOT permitted in any picnic or parking area.
- Camping is NOT permitted within 100 feet of the base of any cliff, or the back of any rock shelter.
- YOU ARE PROHIBITED from building, maintaining, attending, or using a fire, campfire, or stove fire within 100 feet of the base of any cliff, or the back of any rock shelter.
- Rock climbing is permitted. However, new route development must be approved by the Forest Service. Climbing and rappelling are NOT PERMITTED within 300 feet of Sky Bridge, Gray’s Arch, Nada Tunnel, and Chimney Rock Overlook, and other areas as posted.
- Keep vehicles on established roads. All vehicle traffic is restricted to roads in the Geological Area.
- Parking on Tunnel Ridge Road is limited to designated parking sites only.
- You must purchase a pass for parking overnight in the Gorge and Indian Creek area (between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.). Passes are available from local stores and at the District Office in Stanton.